Research at the Museums at Union Station
Have historical questions? Have questions about railroading or Ogden? Old photos in the attic you want to know more about? The research team at Union Station can help! The research team can assist with specific details of your reference question or research inquiry. Contact them directly or Complete this form.
Want to come into the archives in person or see a piece of the collection up close and personal? The Museums at Union Station has an archive open to visitors by appointment with advance notice. Please contact the research team directly to request an appointment.
When submitting your reference inquiry, please include your name and contact information, as well as the nature and details of your research interest or project. In advance to your visit, the research team will pull the materials relevant to your inquiry to expedite and facilitate your research experience. Additional requests for materials during your research appointment may require another appointment.
Any and all image reproductions desired at the time of your visit must be requested in writing in a Reproduction and License Request Form. Images from the Museums at Union Station Archives collections may be reproduced, published, or exhibited exclusively at the curator's discretion. To access a Request Form or to consult our fees and policies here.
Reading Room Rules and Regulations
- All research will be conducted in the Reading Room; visitors are not granted access to the archives
- Please bring a pencil and pad, or laptop, tablet or other device to keep notes; no pens please
- All visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult (with government-issued photo ID)
- Food, drinks, and chewing gum are not permitted
- Hand-held, still photography may be used for reference purposes only, and in compliance with the Archive's policy. Flash photography may not be used at any time. Personal scanners are not permitted.