Renting in Ogden

Is a license required if operating a rental unit?

Yes. You can pick up applications at the Customer Service Center on the second floor of the Ogden Municipal Building, 2549 Washington Blvd., Suite 240, Ogden, Utah 84401.

Business Licensing hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The telephone number is 801-629-8687.  
Or, you may find them on line at Business Licensing's website. However, you will need to print a copy of the application and bring it to the Customer Service Center. Business Licensing does not accept online applications at this time.

What if there are concerns about the conditions of the property?

Utah State law requires tenants contact their landlord in writing about concerns. It is illegal to withhold rent while waiting for repairs. Code Services can inspect rental properties if violations of the code we enforce exist. 

What about mold?

Contact Weber-Morgan Health for mold remediation. To contact them by phone call 801-399-7100, or visit their office at 477 23rd St., Ogden, Utah 84401.

What are my legal rights?

 Visit Utah Legal aid on their website or they can be contacted at 801-394-9431. Visit their office at 298 24th St., Suite 110, Ogden, Utah 84401.

What is the Good Landlord Program?

Started in October 2004, the goal of Ogden City's Good Landlord Program is to address aspects of property management that may encourage the elimination of code violations and public nuisances while controlling and preventing illegal activity on rental properties that affect the quality of life within our neighborhoods.

Is there assistance for Landlords?

The Utah Apartment Association provides education, information, and can connect you with other landlords. Their address is 448 East Winchester Street (6400 South), Suite 460, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107.