Records Requests


The Ogden City Police Department Records Bureau is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is closed on weekends and holidays. You must provide a valid Government-issued picture ID to access records. Records maintained by the Police Department may be classified as private, protected, or controlled in accordance with the Utah Government Records Access Management Act (GRAMA). When a request is received, careful consideration is given to ensure all federal, state, and local laws are followed.


To access a record, a written request must be submitted to the Ogden City Police Department. The written request may be in letter format, or you can use the GRAMA Request Form (PDF) 

Submitting a Request

Completed requests may be submitted to the Front Desk of the Francom Public Safety Building, 2186 Lincoln Ave, Ogden, UT, or via email at

Types of Requests

  • Copies of traffic accident reports are released in accordance with Utah State Traffic Code - UCA 41-6A-404. Accident reports can be released to an entity involved in the accident (excluding witnesses) or an agent of the involved individual.
  • Traffic accident reports are $25 per copy.
  • Police reports are $25 per copy. Victims may obtain one free copy of a report in which they are listed as the victim.