Coverage & Reporting

Will Insurance Cover Any Damage to My Home or Property?

Optional Coverage

In the majority of cases, a special rider will need to be added to your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy to cover damages related to sewage backups or water damage. This optional coverage is usually not very expensive, but you must usually request that it be added to your policy. Check with your insurance agent about this policy provision.

As with the majority of municipalities in the country, Ogden City cannot assume full financial responsibility for damages resulting from sewage backups, since most stoppages are related to conditions that are beyond the City's control. That is why it is important that property owners confirm that they are adequately insured - particularly if areas of their home lie below ground level.

Call your insurance agent today to have this coverage added to your policy.

How & Where Should I Report a Sewer Backup?

Emergency crews are on call 24 hours a day to assist you. In an emergency such as a sewer line backup, or if you observe any vandalism associated with the wastewater or sewer lines, contact Ogden City Public Ways and Parks.