Advice and Consent of Chief Administrative Officer
Mayor Mike Caldwell has requested advice and consent on the appointment of Mara A. Brown to the position of Chief Administrative Officer for Ogden City. If appointed, Ms. Brown, who is currently serving as the Director of Management Services, would fill the position vacated by Mark Johnson who is retiring on June 30, 2023.
The mayor selected Ms. Brown after conducting an open recruitment process. The forty-six (46) applications received were reviewed and evaluated on academic qualifications, years of experience in municipal government, senior-level administrative and management experience, large-scale project management experience, financial planning and budgeting experience, and civic involvement. A committee comprised of five (5) professionals in municipal management conducted interviews and recommended the top three (3) candidates for the mayor’s consideration.
The Council will accept public comment on the appointment of Mara A. Brown as the Chief Administrative Officer during the Council meeting held on July 11, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
Advice and consent on the appointment of Mara A. Brown as the Chief Administrative Officer will be considered during the Council meeting held on July 18, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
Public Comment Options
The City Council is seeking public comment on the proposed appointment of Ms. Brown as the CAO. Those interested may submit comments to the Council in any of the following ways:
- Interested members of the public may comment on the proposed appointment during the three-minute public comment period in the Council meeting held on July 11, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- Interested members of the public may also comment during the three-minute public input period held prior to the Council’s consideration of advice and consent in the Council meeting held July 18, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- Electronically.Public comments may also be submitted through the following electronic options:
- Leave a voice message by calling 801-629-8158.
- Complete the Public Comment Submission Form found on the Council's website
- Email the Council office at email@example.com
- Contact individual Council members directly. Council member contact information can be found on the Council’s website.