Ogden City Flag Design Contest
Submissions for this contest are no longer being accepted. Designs are currently under review. Check back here for updates and follow the Ogden City Council on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Help shape Ogden’s future! We are looking for design ideas for a new flag that represents the history, culture, and community of Ogden. All submitted designs will be reviewed by the Ogden City Flag Design Selection Committee, which will choose finalists. The top designs will be presented to the City Council for a final decision.
Please consider the following principles while designing your flag:
- Keep your design simple. A child should be able to draw it from memory. Avoid designs that are too complicated and busy.
- Images and colors should contain meaningful symbolism. The design in some way should relate to Ogden.
- Use no more than three basic colors.
- Avoid lettering or seals.
- Be distinctive with your design. Ogden’s flag should stand out and be recognizable.
Flag designs should also be iconic. This should be a flag that any Ogdenite would want to wave in front of their home or business. To get an idea of what constitutes a good flag, please visit https://nava.org/good-flag-bad-flag.
- Entries are not limited to Ogden residents. Anyone may participate.
- Submitted designs should be in 3x5 proportions. Acceptable file formats include jpg, png, or pdf.
- Submissions must include the applicant’s name, contact information, and a summary of the symbolism used in the design.
- Designs should not be plagiarized.
- Each participant may submit up to three flag designs.
The deadline to submit a flag was July 15, 2022. The winning design is expected to be determined sometime in the Fall of 2022.
The individual with the winning design will receive a $1,000 cash prize.