Building Permits & Inspections
The mission of Building Inspections is to serve owners, developers, and contractors in meeting their goals and verify code and ordinance compliance to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare.
Building Inspections issues building and related permits and inspects both new construction, remodels, tenant improvements and a variety of other construction related items.
Obligations when Land Use permits required
There are some construction or improvement activities, while not requiring a building permit, must still comply with the City Municipal Code regulations through a Land Use permit. Some of those items are:
- Installing a driveway or an accessory vehicle parking area to your property
- Installing a fence
- Installing a detached accessory building to a residential property when 200 sq. ft or less in size
Some activities such as painting the exterior brick of a home in the east central community are prohibited.
Contact the Planning Division (801-629-8922) for the requirements of these types of activities.
- How can I contact Building Inspections?
- When is a building permit required?
- Who can obtain a building permit?
- What inspections are typically required?
- How do I schedule a building inspection?
- What do I do if I have a question about a building inspection?
- How long does a plan review take?
- Is over-the-counter plan review available?
- What are the plan review submittal fees?
- What are the building permit fees?
- What is the sanitary sewer impact fee?
- What are the basic inspection requirements?
- How do I draw a site plan?