El Monte Golf Course opened in 1931 and is a nine-hole layout located at the mouth of beautiful Ogden Canyon. Featuring gentle terrain changes, mature trees, and outstanding greens, this secluded course is a long-time local favorite.
A prominent feature on this course for more than 80 years is a pair of large Fremont cottonwood trees situated in the middle of the first fairway.
The stone clubhouse sits 80 feet above the golf course and offers beautiful views of the golf course and canyon. The clubhouse was built during the Great Depression with stone that was quarried down by the Ogden River and is one of only 13 golf course clubhouses in the country that are recognized on the National Register of Historic Places. El Monte Golf Course has hosted the popular El Monte Four-Ball Tournament annually on July 24th since 1936.